Sunday, January 10, 2010

Beaver Brook, good & getting better



Nice to see on the Beaver Brook Association's web site that the BBA may be able to add a few parcels to its holdings soon. See www.beaverbrook.org for details.

The snowy trails are well-packed, thanks to the many skiers, snowshoers, and even bicyclists who have been out & about since all this nice powder fell a week ago. I spent my time today around the wildlife pond in the northern part of the reservation. Though the parking lot was nearly full, the trail network north of Rt. 130 in Hollis is so extensive that visitors can spread out pretty quickly. I had solitude for most of my hike around the pond.

I'd be happy to get back there later this week if time allows, and head further north. I always liked the Tupelo Trail, which relatively few people use compared to the trails south of 130.

No comments: